Sunday 20 July 2014

Working as GIS technician

Figure: FIPI logo

I have been working for the Mapping and Database Center of the Southern Sub-Institute of Forest Inventory and Planning in the Ho Chi Minh city for the last four and the half years. After a short probationary period, I started working as a mapping technician digitizing contours of maps, coding elevation, and checking base lots of forestry. I am presently taking general charge of calculating figures from digital maps, interpreting satellite images, building special-purpose maps and forest maps, and editing and modifying maps as necessary. I am also responsible for carrying out forest inventory surveys as part of a larger team. This involves regular field trips to outlying forest areas to get data for mapping. I also carry out numerous other scientific and technical tasks at the direct request of my chairman. Now I am assigned to write the proposal of a GIS database design for a forest management in the South. The recent workshops I attended helpfully helps me improve my specific knowledge and working skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment